If you’re like most of the small business owners I meet, you probably started your own business to focus your time and energy on the things you enjoy, lured by the prospect of being your own boss and doing what you want, when you want. But are you now living the dream or has reality got other ideas? Are you revelling in a world of flexible working or are you working all hours and still failing to keep on top of the daily grind?
Take a look at these ten symptoms – how many of them can you relate to?
- I’m working evenings and weekends but I’m still not clearing the backlog
- I cancelled this year’s holiday – I just couldn’t afford the time away from work
- I’m overwhelmed by the amount of admin waiting for me
- I don’t enjoy the day to day tasks that are eating up my time
- I haven’t got time to network and form new working relationships because I’m always playing catch up on previous projects
- I’m regularly missing deadlines but just can’t work any harder
- I have lots of ideas but haven’t got the manpower to action them
- I don’t need somebody full time but a few hours a week or month would make all the difference to my work and personal life
- I feel pressure to carry out all roles within my business otherwise I’m not in control
- Admin isn’t my strength and I’m not motivated to get on with it
These feelings are common among small business owners, and while you’re wading through the tasks you aren’t naturally good at, you’re missing the opportunity to do the one task that only you can do – to drive forward your vision for your business. Before long, you can’t see the wood for the trees, let alone that vision you’re responsible for!
Good news – there is a simple solution – and that is to work with a Virtual Assistant. A Virtual Assistant is a self-employed admin professional who works from home, providing a range of business services on a flexible basis.
By outsourcing your paperwork and daily tasks to somebody who actually enjoys them, you will find that your Virtual Assistant is able to get through the work more quickly. In the meantime you can get back to doing what you enjoy – that’s why you started your business after all!
How to take action
- Start by writing a list of all the tasks that could be done for you virtually
- Imagine how you’d feel if from now on, those tasks were being taken care of by an admin expert
- Your list can then form the basis of conversations with potential Virtual Assistants as you begin the search for that extra pair of hands
To discuss how I can help you and your business, contact me for a no obligation chat –
Mobile 07970 955535, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or www.businessowl.co.uk